[UPDATE] 5:20PM PST December 21st
We have updated and unlocked the Live servers. We made a lot of headway these past few weeks so I’m going to list out everything we’ve done since our December 2nd update here. Please note that there is NO WIPE with this Live update and weather will not appear on Live at this time.
- Added “Base Permissions: Visitor”. Players not on your visitor list will be ejected when your base is sealed. With the addition of this base permission, non-visitor ejection should solve any unorthodox methods of base entry including boosting. We realize this is a controversial change for some of you and I understand that many people are going to be frustrated by this, but we believe this is a beneficial change based on the feedback we received over the weekend.
- Server QOL (quality of life) improvements including exploit related fixes, server lag/FPS, general performance, etc. These tweaks should improve server stability and performance overall, especially for the EU servers that have been hit the hardest lately
- General BattlEye updates to address assorted exploits/hacks
- Spawn cap bug: fixed an issue where a server may not propagate loot to the correct distributions – this is a big fix that should dramatically increase overall loot QOL
- General loot balance/tuning pass
- Added the description “FULL” to our queue population lists (we now have LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, FULL)
- Added queue placement # back in (where you are in the current queue)
- Fixed various vehicle issues (vehicles not exploding when reaching 0% health, vehicles being usable with 0% fuel, etc)
- Fixed an issue with passenger desync/”cord pulling”
- Fixed an exploit involving ATVs and gates
- Vehicles will no longer kill you in/on your base
- Updated POI restrictions for the church located in I8
- Fixed hoodie issues (all hoodies now display their correct skins)
- Fixed “Failed to load attachment” error message
- Removed the Darko Zombie and his related functionality
- Fixed several issues with shock traps (they will no longer go off forever after being detonated, etc)
- Arrows no longer crash players near bases
- Sub-base ejection (if you end up under the deck foundation for any reason, ejection is now instantaneous)
- The gaps between metal gates and surrounding items are now closed so you shouldn’t be able to place items there while raiding
- Grenades are now equippable in the second weapon slot (default key 3)
- Items no longer auto-skin. Note that this will not revert previously skinned items
- Fixed an issue where picking up a partial stack of something destroyed the entire stack (ie: if you pick up 20 wood from a 100x wood plank drop, the other 80 would vanish previously)
- Players now spawn with an improvised compass that can no longer be broken down for bottles. Be on the lookout for a better one!
- Fixed an issue where some dropped items would not expire over time
- Chat (prox/group/radio) should be working again
- Crop visibility should be working again now once fertilized
As noted above, we are holding weather back for the time being. It will remain on Test as we continue to improve it, but it’s not quite ready for prime time. It needs a full art pass, season tuning, transitions are a bit wonky, and so on.
Also, we didn’t fix everything for this update that we wanted to – emotes not working for some people, for instance. We’re still working on a few things like that. I’ll start another “Live Issues” thread as I usually do after a push so we all have one place to collect our thoughts and feedback.
We hope you enjoy the update and on behalf of the entire Just Survive team, Happy Holidays!! 🙂